Duke Chapel is home to three choirs led by Chapel Music staff. The choirs are open to anyone in the Duke and Triangle communities; Duke students, faculty, and staff, are particularly encouraged to participate.
Open rehearsals of the Chapel Choir, and auditions for all three choirs, are held at the beginning of the fall semester and throughout the academic year. We make every effort to engage all students and community members who are interested in singing with us. Further information about each choir’s rehearsal schedule and audition process is below.
- Rehearses Wednesdays, 6:00-7:50 p.m.
- Sings for Sunday morning worship services
- Learn more about the Chapel Choir
Auditions are designed to be as relaxed and stress-free as possible. You needn’t prepare any repertoire or songs in advance, but you may be asked to sing a simple hymn or song that you know well. The audition will include some simple vocal warm-ups and similar musical activities, and will last for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rehearses Mondays, 6:00 to 7:50 p.m.
- Sings for Thursday evening Choral Vespers services
- Learn more about the Vespers Ensemble
To schedule an audition for the Vespers Ensemble, please contact Dr. Philip Cave.
- Rehearses Mondays, 8:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Sings for Sunday afternoon Choral Evensong services
- Learn more about the Evensong Singers
To schedule an audition for Evensong Singers, please contact Christopher Jacobson, FRCO.
For more information about all of the choirs and the music program at Duke Chapel, please contact the Chapel Music Office.